This Is Your Brain On Music: The Science Of A Human Obsession
By: Daniel J. LevitinIn this groundbreaking union of art and science, rocker-turned-neuroscientist Daniel J. Levitin explores the connection between music—its performance, its composition, how we listen to it, why we enjoy it—and the human brain.
Sorry. This promotion is over.Never miss a deal like this again by signing up to our FREE daily ebook deals newsletter.
Click Here To Get Started
Buy This Book
Book DescriptionIn this groundbreaking union of art and science, rocker-turned-neuroscientist Daniel J. Levitin explores the connection between music—its performance, its composition, how we listen to it, why we enjoy it—and the human brain.
Taking on prominent thinkers who argue that music is nothing more than an evolutionary accident, Levitin poses that music is fundamental to our species, perhaps even more so than language. Drawing on the latest research and on musical examples ranging from Mozart to Duke Ellington to Van Halen, he reveals:
• How composers produce some of the most pleasurable effects of listening to music by exploiting the way our brains make sense of the world
• Why we are so emotionally attached to the music we listened to as teenagers, whether it was Fleetwood Mac, U2, or Dr. Dre
• That practice, rather than talent, is the driving force behind musical expertise
• How those insidious little jingles (called earworms) get stuck in our head
Buy This Book
- All Recent Deals
- Recent FREE Deals
- Contemporary Fiction
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Cooking & Recipes
- Nonfiction & How-To
- Teen & Young Adult
- Religious & Inspirational
- Childrens & Middle Grade
Note: ReadingDeals.com has checked the prices for accuracy at the time of posting. Prices can change without notice and promotion pricing may not be available outside of the US.