Trial, Error, And Success
By: Sima Dimitrijev & Maryann KarinchAs a guide to success, this book shows why, when, and how to depart from verified recipes and proven science. With these insights, you’ll be more likely to learn from your mistakes, more creative, less likely to conform when you shouldn’t, and you’ll be better prepared for the unexpected.
Sorry. This promotion is over.Never miss a deal like this again by signing up to our FREE daily ebook deals newsletter.
Click Here To Get Started
Buy This Book
Book DescriptionEverything in nature evolves by trial and error. The rigid laws of physics do not rule nature and do not inhibit your free-will decisions to try, fail, and succeed. As a guide to success, this book shows the value of skepticism and thinking for prudent use of science.
You will see throughout the book how successful thinking combines sharp analyses of new information with broad analogies to existing knowledge. The authors use real-life examples to show:
•How thinking can avoid overgeneralization traps.
•How to create new knowledge by trial-and-error thinking.
•How to reduce personal risk and maximize benefits by collective application of the trial-and-error process.
With these insights, you'll be more likely to learn from your mistakes, you'll be more creative, less likely to conform when you shouldn't, and you'll be better prepared for the unexpected.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Why Switch from Proven Science to Trial and Error?
A. The Knowledge Level
1. Laws of Science and Math Are Overgeneralization Traps
2. No Process Can Avoid Unpredictable Events
3. More of the Same Works in Stable Conditions
4. Differences Are the Key When the Conditions Change
B. The Intelligence Level
5. Think by Analyzing Differences before Generalizing Similarities
6. Learn from Others but Use the Knowledge Prudently
7. Think about Risk and Benefit to Make Free-Will Decisions
C. The Emotional-Intelligence Level
8. Minimize Risk and Maximize Opportunities by Working in Holistic Teams
9. Build Teams on the Platform of Emotions
10. Utilize Brain Plasticity to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence
Buy This Book
- All Recent Deals
- Recent FREE Deals
- Contemporary Fiction
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Cooking & Recipes
- Nonfiction & How-To
- Teen & Young Adult
- Religious & Inspirational
- Childrens & Middle Grade
Note: ReadingDeals.com has checked the prices for accuracy at the time of posting. Prices can change without notice and promotion pricing may not be available outside of the US.